Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 67

So, I want to share this here, in this thread where we know the value of movement. I am presently 67 years old. Why is that important to say? Because I come from a generation that didn't think we'd make it past 30.

My generation saw the advent of GRIDS...which was changed to AIDS...most of our friends died. We, I also lived and survived Stonewall..lots to say about that but it's for another thread.

I lost my Beloved of twenty years some years back and I was left with a decision.
Continue to engage in what we loved, or just give up, give up all the beauty of our life together...no fu*king way!!!

She loved children, we loved children. One way to keep her legacy of love alive is for me to run for tfk, team for kids which gives kids in NYC a chance to run and have fun.

I am running the NYC Marathon this year and every year that G_d grants me life to pass on my Beloved's legacy and my own as well.

I love to run, my Beloved and I ran in many beautiful places together...and I continue to do so. I judge no one, people can move or not it is up to each of us alone to decide. But, I must tell you that my being a butch at 67 feels damn good...and I'll continue to run, bike, swim, walk and of course dance because it brings me joy, and because my Beloved wants me to be the best I can be, and I enjoy running for me period.

So, I may soon not be able to post any more, I am old school and do not use credit cards for the membership to this site, so I wanted to share these thoughts with you all.

I have visited this site since 2010...many years...it helped me deal with my deep grief and I have met lovely femmes and butches here, if only through posts and/or via phone. You have all supported me through a tough time in my life and I thank you all for all the words and sharings.

All the Best to All of you, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: