View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #190
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I understand what you are saying, imperfect cupcake, and I think we are talking about two separate things. I am not confusing individual differences in needs regarding frequency of quality time with controlling and narcissistic behavior. I am very much an introvert and need time to myself between interactions to truly appreciate quality time spent with anyone. That goes for friends, family, and lovers. I definitely get that.

What I’m referring to is someone who...for example....immediately withdraws affection, seemingly without reason, but usually as a result of the fact that he or she felt slighted in some manner. When approached about the matter, they typically shut down and refuse to communicate. Then, once they decide that their feelings are no longer hurt (or you have served your due “punishment”), they are back to showering you with affection like nothing ever happened. I’ve discovered, unfortunately, that this typically comes from a place of deep insecurity and is a prelude to future controlling and manipulative behavior - hence, the reason I run in the opposite direction when I notice this behavior.

I’m definitely not talking about someone who is mature enough to say...”Hey, I need some alone time (space), so I’m going to spend this week doing such and such and we’ll catch up later.”

Come to think, this is not actually an “instant” turnoff per se, as it usually does take a bit of time knowing someone before it happens....but it is indeed a turnoff!
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post: