lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have found that since switching to this eating plan, I stay full for 5 or 6 hours and do not crave sweets, breads, cereals etc. anymore. The key is to eat lots of high purine proteins, increase your intake of essential fatty acids, and finish with a small amount of complex carbs.

Purine foods include: sweetbreads (internal organs), anchovies, sardines, canned liver, kidneys, hearts, meat extracts (broths and bouillon), gravies, and various canned seafood. Other foods which contain slightly lower levels of purine include wild game and lentils. These are usually the items found on a typical do not eat list for gout patients. Other protein sources such as nuts or ground beef are limited to one serving per day. I also eat protein dark poultry and turkey and lean pork and beef as they are a good protein sources.

Essential fats: Those high in omaga 3 are highly desired and include olive oil, walnuts and walnut oil, coconut and coconut oil, olives, flax. There are more but can't think of them right this minute.

As for complex carbs, I mostly eat those on the low end of the complex carb list such as: spinach, (mostly raw) artichokes, asparagus, (raw and cooked) broccoli, cauliflower etc. But other complex carbs include legumes, oatmeal, 100% whole grain pastas, brown rice etc. I do not eat most of these as I have an intolerance for gluten.

I use only organics as much as possible, and either make my own yogurts and butters or buy from a dairy farm here...same for milk, cream, cottage cheese etc.

I'd be interested to hear about how you all manage this eating plan and would love to swap some recipes.
I try to use organics too but they are very expensive in this NY area but I cook mostly protein chicken, beef, salmon, filet of sole and cook low fat or broil or bake most of the time. Make a lot of soups too. Would love to swap recipes too..so anybody ready to swap today its chili with 93 percent ground beef, chili mix, fire roasted tomatoes, black beans and asparagus. Chocolate muffins for dessert...
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post: