View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #11
Elishat

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Dressage Queen
Relationship Status:
Single

Elishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST ReputationElishat Has the BEST Reputation
Smile I don't trust myself...

I don't trust myself, and I'm terrified of being publicly embarrassed. These issues are holdover from high school and university/grad school. I had a few bad relationships and false friendships, plus I was intelligent, but people skills?...Not so much. I called it the foot in mouth syndrome... I also still had no clue about my sexuality.

When I meet someone I start double guessing myself, did that sound stupid? Was that silly to say? Was it rude? Am I boring them? What do I say next?? Will they think my interest in X is weird? Am I talking too much about myself? They are probably not interested anyway... I get so wrapped up in these doubts, I end up sabotaging myself. Or running away.

I've been working on this, and I have gotten better. A few more years, and working in jobs where I have to talk with various people have helped. But still, when I meet someone I'm really attracted to my old foot in mouth syndrome tends to come back... and the doubts. It's still a work in progress.
Elishat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elishat For This Useful Post: