Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I too know of what you speak

I had my skin analyzed at a Clinique counter, and I've never been happier than with their products . Your skin tends to get dryer as you age. If you were oily and breakout-prone as a teenager, this is good news! You may not be able to use astringents or harsh cleansers on your thinner skin. I use a gentle wash and toner, then a moisturizer and eye cream at night. Your skin care routine is crucial.

Don't neglect your neck! That's where the years show up first, before the face. And always massage a moisturizing cream upwards, not pulling downwards. The same goes for your, um, decollatage, knees, feet and elbows. In fact, your entire body might need something richer with winter coming on (assuming you're in the Northern Hemisphere).

As for makeup, I've found I can't use powders as much as I used to-they "settle". Harsh colors and garish eyeshadows make you look silly at best and are aging. I've found a light touch with less makeup, not more, works well.