Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
I havent seen enough of either team to ascertain a style or philosophy. I have questioned Washingtons handling of the pitching staff....seems to me he leaves some pitchers in too long and pulls others too fast.

Plus, it is an adjustment for both teams to have to play by the others rules depending on who's park you are in. I cant imagine what it is like to have to go without your designated hitter - its a team used to playing with certain players in certain order. All of a sudden, they are a batter short and pitchers who havent swung a bat since little league are trying to remember how to bunt. How do you decide who to bench? Whats more important, the defense or the offense? I dont think I would be wanting to have to make those decisions.

Yet there are always the intangibles to deal with. The unsung heroes, the leaders of a team who can inspire and motivate just because they BELIEVE, the ones who dig down a little deeper in the clutch, the ones who do the little things that start rallies etc.

Nonetheless, both of these teams are here because they deserve to be. The Giants havent lost a step. They seem to be just bearing down and coming thru when they need to. Rangers do not seem to be exhiniting the same confidence, nor do they seem to be relying on those things which got them this far. All we can ask as fans, is that they all try the best they can.

I'm proud of both of these teams. Win or lose, they accomplished something special just to get to this point.

Thanks!

Yeah, all the sports shows have all kinds of things to say and I think it is great that these two are there. It does feel good to have teams that have battled their hearts out during the season be in the WS. Just feels like baseball!!!

On the station I am watching there was a bit about the nuns that get season tickets for the Rangers- really cute story. Eldery and one of them beats on a little drum! I love these kind of baseball fans!! My Mom in her early 80's was a riot to watch it with and she knew all the strategy! Of course, she watched the game for years and years.

OK, game is on... so is a pot of homemade soup on the stove. I'm a happy camper! Maybe the Series will help with the election blues I think I will feeling tomorrow tomorrow night! It's the little things!!

Hummm... I wonder if Alpha went over to SF to watch tonight. I couldn't due to dumb joint pain! Phooey! I think the big screen thing is going on at the Civic Center???
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote