View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am very bitter and angry right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Isn't it ironic that those that espouse that the US has the best healthcare in the world... are members of congress! Hell yes, they have fantastic healthcare and it is publically funded!!!
Thank you AtLast. Sorry I may not be as eloquent in what I have to express... All of a sudden, this issue has really hit home for me.

After getting a call in the middle of the night from Gramma; having to listen to her heart shatter and her sobs as she told me that my dad had just died... I am very bitter and angry at "The System" now.

Very bitter indeed.

And very angry with many Government Officials - those same Gov Officials that have their healthcare, and that of all their dependents, FULLY PAID FOR and who have AMAZING "Access to Care".

Angry and Bitter because these Gov Officials have the POWER to change things for the better benefit of THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE... but they choose to...CHOOSE TO, mind you, coddle and cozy up to the "big businesses" (Such as Highmark Blue Shield in Pennsylvania and any other Insurance Company looking to make a buck instead of serve the people), their lobbyists, the pharmaceutical companies and any other "Agency" that seems to have the Government Officials' full attention because of their "pull" in Congress and their "BIG money"...instead of DOING WHAT IS RIGHT and what they have the POWER to do!!

I wonder what these same Government Officials, or their "buddies" in the big businesses which they seem to be in bed with, would do if their father (or other loved ones) died a needless, helpless death because they HAD NO INSURANCE and very very poor Access To Care?? I wonder what they would feel when they had to listen to their 80 year old Gramma sobbing as she said she didn't know how she could afford the hospital bills or a funeral? I wonder how helpless and heartbroken they would feel when the doctor told them that this "death could have been PREVENTED if the illness had been treated earlier." I wonder how hard they would push for changes in "the system" if their partner of 20 years lie dieing of bone cancer in the hospital but they were DENIED to be by her side in her last moments because they were "not related or married" and they were a gay couple?? (like my Aunt's partner of 20 years had to endure.) I wonder HOW FAST THEY WOULD CHANGE "THE SYSTEM" after being faced with the needless loss of a loved one because of LACK OF INSURANCE AND POOR ACCESS TO CARE. My father worked, yet had no health coverage and no death benefits. He should have received Disability for his bad heart and lungs, but had been denied time and time again.

My youngest son passed away 16 years ago... I had NO INSURANCE and EXTREMELY SUBSTANDARD ACCESS TO CARE... I had tried to work, but my kidneys were in bad shape, yet I was denied Medicaid over and over for various reasons (reasons I didn't know, until I became a caseworker, were BOGUS B.S. because someone at the Assistance Office didn't do their job.) I will never know the color of my son's eyes because he died a needless, preventable, helpless death at 9 months term, with no insurance. I gave birth to him at 4 in the morning, held him in my arms and kissed him goodbye, then the hospital discharged me at NOON that day because "ma'am, you don't have any insurance to pay for an extended stay". Right before they discharged me, I had to endure a nurse's question "Are you ready to nurse your baby?" because she didn't know he had passed away. I had to tell her "no thank you, I already said goodbye."

I did not get to say goodbye to my daddy... he died in the Emergency Room of pneumonia which made his heart and lungs fail. Had he had ACCESS TO CARE - the same kind of Access to Care that these Government Officials have - and ACCESS TO HEALTH COVERAGE, I am very certain that he would have sought treatment for his "chest cold" before it cost him is life.

How many more needless, painful, preventable deaths must loved ones face for the Government to make changes for the better benefit of THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE??!!

This is a plea, dedicated to my father Jerry and my son Dustin, to FIX AND PASS Health Care Reform that will serve the NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE. (Not those damn big businesses that keep their pockets padded and their private jet planes well fueled while people suffer.)

Please forgive my rant and my anger. I am very bitter and in much grief. Especially for my dear Gramma, who was faced with loosing yet another child, in addition to her Great Grandson 16 years ago. (I have every intention of sending this same letter to every Government Official I can possibly think of. MAYBE my voice will be heard this time, over top of the lobbyists?)
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: