View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to add, if I may...

Within 7 years in my career in Health Care and Human Services Management, I WORKED for Highmark Blue Shield, Medicare and then the Office of Medical Assistance Programs (Medicaid)...as well as working as a Department of Public Welfare Caseworker.
I tried sooooo hard at my personal level to make positive changes in "The System". Especially in the childrens' preventive health program that I managed for two years. "E.P.S.D.T" = Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program. A Preventive Health Program for ALL CHILDREN who are eligible for Medical Assistance in every State in the Nation. (Each State may call it something different...) I must be honest, I got very burned out... not because of the patients or clients I was there to serve... but because of Congress, our State Government and anyone else involved in Health Care Policy and Laws... I got sick of beating my head against a very solid brick wall, when all I was trying to do was "FIX THE SYSTEM" that was intended to SERVE THE PEOPLE.

I was a "High Level" Manager who wrote the health care policies AFTER the laws where passed. I drafted and submitted Legislative House and Senate Bill Analyses on health care related Bills and draft legislation/regulations... but I know that time and time again, the Government Officials chose the side of the Big Business instead of the People and they didn't give a Rat's A** what my Analysis stated...they were going to do what best served them, not the People. Things have got to change. I wish I had the courage and strength to take them on in person in a Legislative Hearing and testify on how "The Broken System" has affected my family.

I wish I had the strength and voice like Diane McGowan, who regrettably lost her 15 year old son to a PREVENTABLE, TREATABLE disease....Influenza!! She created the M.A.R.T.I.N. Foundation and testified to get the immunization requirements changed for ALL children in the United States...http://www.martinflufoundation.org/martin/about.cfm
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: