Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

You didn't answer my question so.........

I was involved in design, implementation and follow up of clinical community based pharmaceutical research for years. I also was Chair of an Institutional Review Board and served on other IRBs that reviewed both clinical and KABB surveys. Research is not foreign for me. I also wrote and evaluated Informed Consent documents. I have also been a volunteer/participant in clinical and non-clinical research.

How do you define lesbian? This is an important point and should have been covered by your IRB. Your consent form does not define lesbian. Nor have you answered any questions concerning your definition of lesbian and what female bodied individuals meet your criteria for a lesbian.

Your Consent Form also does not give references to what studies were done that validated your premise that lesbians as a whole have health outcomes that are less than the outcomes of non-lesbians, based on your parameters. What data do you have to support your premise? A summary from you is not necessary. Just a link or two or three to the references supporting your research question.

I entirely resent the fact you will not allow potential participants to review this survey before answering the questions. This would have never passed any IRB I ever have been involved with. Participants/volunteers have a right to read all the question before they make a decision about participation.

KABB surveys require sophisticated questions and answers. How those questions and answers are framed significantly affects the outcomes portion of your analysis.

I would suggest that despite the approval given from your IRB, that you have NOT provided informed consent for participation.

Be glad I am not on your thesis review board nor was I involved in your IRB review. So far as I know given the information you provided, you are greatly lacking.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: