Old 09-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #19
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I was not being nasty. I simply put on the hat I would wear if I was sitting on the Institutional (Ethics) Review Board that is required by law to approve this KABB survey.

Asking simple and hard questions about using us as guinea pigs for public health surveys that affect what health care services are available to 'lesbians' is not nasty. It is a requirement.

I find any and all researchers who will not answer simple questions, much less hard questions to be suspect regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

edited to add: Melissa.......I was not asking for your definition of lesbian (as far as I am concerned you are a lesbian if you say you are). The researchers definition of lesbian is what is important. KABB surveys are delicate instruments given to huge amounts of false data if the definitions of the researcher are different than that of the participants.

additional edit...........and please don't get me started on what you valid information you can find with an n of 250. What statistical evaluation are you doing for this survey. It's not a study. It's a dissertation survey.
But you are not on the IRB board for this survey. The survey writer gave a link directly to her Univ, her program and her own bio with a picture. Her name and diss advisor name is on the survey. She needs this to complete her diss so she can graduate. I think that your attitude toward this creates a bad image of this site. If you have personal/professional problems with this survey you should contact the Univ and her advisor or the admin of this site and ask for the thread to be closed.

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote