Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr.
As for my younger days, I can remember how cruel adults were to me...being in gym class and being weighed in. My weight was called out for everyone to hear. I don't know if they still do it today. I hope not. That sure didn't help my self-esteem.

When Rosie's niece got married last year, I wore a tux. We were photographed, and of course there were the remarks about my weight once the photographs of me came out. I was speechless. That wedding was such a wonderful time for everyone. Yes, I know I am fat. I don't need anyone to tell me that. It isn't like I don't know it. But to have someone look at me in a picture and then ask me when am I going on a diet? Sheesh. That just makes me cry. My entire life that is about all I have ever been told...gee you're fat. Well, no shit. Get over it.

Hi everyone,

Mainly I wanted to come in here and thank everyone for appreciating us bigger butches. We're often gonna derail threads of size because someone said something that didn't sit well with us, or the topic got thrown wayyyyyy off line for one reason or another but I think when it comes down to it we need to support one another and not bring each other down. Its hard enough being bigger without any of us bickering back and forth about words said or things being misconstrued. Ultimately I believe the bottom line is whatever our situation is, no matter what the reason may be as to why we are overweight or what we are doing to change said situation, we need to support one another

I quoted part of Andrew's post above because so much of it resonates with Me. I remember going to gm class during school and being so afraid to change in the change room with the rest of the girls that I would change in the washrooms instead just to avoid the finger pointing, stares and name calling. They never weighed us (thank goodness) but I always remember how often I would skip gym just so that I didn't have to change into shorts and a t-shirt to run around in front of My fellow classmates. That whole part of My life really played a huge part in how truly crappy My self-esteem has always been, and still continues to be today.

I've had pictures taken of Myself as well at various functions and been told that I'm overweight/fat etc. I wonder if they ever stop to think that I live with that fact every single day of My life, and that I really dont need to be reminded of it at every turn. I'm constantly being told how overweight I am, how I'll never find anyone who will love Me or want Me due to My weight, blah blah blah .......... it really just pisses Me off. Yes I'm fat but if your going to call Me out on it doesn't that just mean that your mouth is fatter than My entire body? My father, other members of My family and people in general like to get on My case about My being overweight but they never stop to think about how their words affect Me.

I'm here and I'm fat, I take up space and I'm in your face ~ learn to deal with it people!!!!!!!
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: