Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #123
indigo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

indigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Was bi-sexual throughout my teen years all the way up to my 30s. It felt like I was stuck in a very isolated middle of the road. Straights didn't want me around as I was queer, but lesbians rejected me claiming that I wasn't a "real lesbian." Also, it was denied that bisexual womyn were womon identified womyn.

For all the womon accepting Lesbian Separatists in the lesbian community, there was a lot of judgment against womyn who loved differently. At least back in the late '70s-mid '80s, The Seps verbalized acceptance of other womyn, but did not always practice it.

We were thought of as traitors to the cause.
Damn, that's harsh Actually, I guess there are still quite some borders in my country between the communities of lesbians and bi-sexuals/ inter/ trans; but there is on the other hand a lot in motion - so I hope for a more inclusive atmosphere in the future.
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote