View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

My responses are in dark red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post

I guess I have a few questions that I will start out with, since I know that we have all started somewhere. I'll begin with just a few basic ones:

1) When did you begin feeling like you were different?

I've always felt I was different. My oldest sister tells of times as a *baby* when I resisted being put in dresses. As a toddler and kid, I recall loving the attention of women; I remember being in 2nd grade and absolutely hating the fact that the teacher responded to me and Dwayne in two very different ways........and it was obvious we both had a crush on her.

2) Did you always know that you should have been born the opposite sex, or did that come abit later though you always knew you were different?

What I do know is that I always *wished* I had been born the opposite sex. I don't recall thinking I should have been; I don't think my mind worked that way. I just know that my nightly prayers very often consisted of..."Please let me wake up and be a boy, and let it be that I have always been one so no one will notice."

3) When did you decide to come out, and how did you come out?

The decision to move forward took place just about 2-2.5 years ago. It was very gradual for me prior to that.......thinking about it, writing about it, wondering about it, talking myself out of it, talking to others about what it would look like, etc...

I guess the *official* coming out moment would have been when I told my therapist......"Hey, I'm gonna do this, and I might need some help from you along the way."