Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #30
ButterflyKisses

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ROAR!!
Relationship Status:
Party of one with an avaliable chair

ButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant futureButterflyKisses has a brilliant future

I don’t think of passing as straight as a privilege. True, no one cares when I enter a public restroom; no one hurls gay slurs at me when I’m walking around by myself. But I do get drunken idiots who assume I'm straight, and that they have a right to grab me. I have gotten cat calls and crude sexual comments that made me want to carry around a bat and curl up in a ball at the same time. As many femmes here probably have.

On the flip side (while I'm not Butch and would never pretend to know what that feels like) I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, past the wrong side of the tracks. Clerks would follow me around in stores, would ask me if I was in the right place, or even kick me out. My face still burns at those memories and I have a hard time talking about my past. Of being judge instantly as a deviant or “un-normal” because of the way I looked and dressed, and where I was from.

People see what they want to see. Whether it’s as someone who fits society "norms" or not, both sides have their share of bad and good.