Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #49
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i have to say that butches are some of the worst offenders re making me aware of my invisibility as a lesbian. They have been so stared at for so long that some of them are pretty prickly. So when a straight looking woman looks at them, they often return some pretty nasty looks.

Not fun to be given that look by someone you are admiring. i don't know what it is like to be harrassed all your life for being a dyke. i know it's much worse than what i am complaining about. For one thing it includes the potential for violence.

But i sometimes wish butches were a little more gracious when a straight looking woman gives them they eye. So many just assume we're STARING at the lesbian. Well i may be staring, but it's not cause i am appalled that yer a dyke. ANyway, high end problem i know. But when i get those looks, i get pissed. i actually YELLED at some baby butch who gave me a withering look for noticing her, "I was a dyke before you were BORN, sister." Sorta ashamed to admit that. But i had just had my fill of that shit.

I'm surprised at this attitude by other butches. When a woman is checking me over, straight or not, sneering look or not, I'll always smile at them and be polite.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post: