jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
My ex-wife tried the Diva Cup and she damn sure could not go 12 hours without changing it. Overnight was impossible. She had really heavy periods, so maybe that was why.

I posted this in another menopause thread, but will cross post it here:

It's a perfectly natural thing to happen. All my butch friends and I have talked about and still talk about it with great humor. None of us find it embarrassing or any kind of specially cruel joke for butches. One of my favorite conversations occurred outside The Stud one evening. over a cigarette. 4 of us stone cold passing butches (the old terminology) were talking about menopause. We said all the words and were all waiting for the day it all ends. War stories about dripping wet sheets, which movies made us cry the most, etc went on for about 20 or so minutes. I have talked about it with my femme friends who are experiencing the same things.

I haven't bleed in almost 30 years, had my cervix & uterus removed but they left my fine healthy ovaries. So about 10 years ago, the ovaries did their natural slowdown and those wonderful symptoms appeared.

I cried at stupid commercials on TV and steamed up car windows with hot flashes. The crying slowed down, but the hot flashes were like 50 a day and sleeping with me was like being in a steamy jungle. The hot flashes did not stop until I completely permanently stopped drinking alcohol....it took about a month. In the last couple of three years I might have had 3 or four hot flashes.

I turned 59 in June and now that menopause is over.....well that makes me a crone. Another phase in my born butch woman life.
I appreciate your posting Toughster!!!!

You are right about the heavy periods though. I was quoting the site itself. It will go overnight, but again maybe not with heavy bleeding.

Respectfully, jelli*

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post: