Old 04-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #186
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I actually do not think that it is out of place in either thread.

The following quote encompasses both:

"It turned out I hadn’t gone from woman to man, but from object to human.

I spent the week discussing systemic oppression and race. An intersectional feminist, I dove into rape culture. I talked about the need for police accountability, condemning domestic violence and amplifying other voices. It was almost always without interruption. My voice felt so unrestricted. How beautiful it felt to speak without fear of retribution. I felt such freedom."
Thanks, Anya. My goal was to post it in the forum that the largest number of people who would be interested in it would read it. This thread gets a lot of readers.

It's interesting. I am wondering if my inclination to look for the feminism thread because the energy behind the article to me (and the energy I felt she was putting out...maybe because that was what I wanted to read in it) was her sense of power as a women (feminism), rather than her writing from a place of defeat (misogyny and sexism...but which of course the article is about).

This would all be unconscious, of course, but is interesting to think about.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: