Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #67
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
I am from the Deep south and flagging is calling attention to yourself in ways you don't really want, however that makes me want to flag even more.

On another thought our community asks for equal rights and to just fit in to society, so flagging seems out of line, like straight folks don't wave the straight flag.. I hope one day it won't even be a thought
I can relate to what you posted. Living in Oklahoma you are running the risk of serious conflict if you "flag". I do not deny who I am and in most instances at work especially I am out but to put that "out there" so to speak is asking for harassment and even physical harm to you or your property. I've had it happen to me....so to me it's not always appropriate.

The part of your post that I bolded I agree with 100%. Have said that for years myself.