Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
I can relate to what you posted. Living in Oklahoma you are running the risk of serious conflict if you "flag". I do not deny who I am and in most instances at work especially I am out but to put that "out there" so to speak is asking for harassment and even physical harm to you or your property. I've had it happen to me....so to me it's not always appropriate.

The part of your post that I bolded I agree with 100%. Have said that for years myself.
I've lived in the South, the Midwest, and now the Golden State in a really gay city. And I've had gay stickers on all my cars since 1989 or so. Plus I have a "gay tattoo". I've never encountered any problems or harassment because of my "flags". (when my dad borrowed my car once, I told him what the stickers meant, and he just shrugged as if to say "so what?" This came from an old guy from the deep south!)

My personal philosophy is that if someone really wants to attack me or say something to me or do something to my car, let them! The possibility of that is not going to stop me from expressing myself or stating who I am.

My sexual orientation IS who I am. I know many LGBT peeps say that its just one part of who they are, it's a part of the whole person. That's cool. But for me, being a lesbian is who I am. Being a femme is who I am too, and being a librarian, and a Southern girl, and a few other things. That's just what identity means to me. So I have decided to express this on my body and my car. (Just like millions of other people do. I love that freedom of speech!) And if someone wants to hurt me, even kill me, because of it, they can go ahead and try. I paraphrase an FDR quote: "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."
Library_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Library_girl For This Useful Post: