Old 12-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #2060
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

A super workout today!

It was time for me to do upper body training but I just couldn't get into the spirit of it. I ate peanut butter with my banana this morning in preparation of a circuit training workout and I brought BOTH of my workout gloves (important! last week I forgot one but brought a winter glove instead. doh!), so it should have been a no brainer but alas, it was not meant to be.

I woke up and lounged in bed for a while first. I'm finding the longer I stay in bed after I wake up, the less my pain level....at least initially. That's one good bed!

I did do an hour on the treadmill. I only started for 40 minutes and then there was an elderly gentleman that hopped on the treadmill next to me and he inspired me to keep going so I wound up doing the full hour plus cool down.

This guy was so freakin' cute! He hopped on and started walking but then quickly graduated to jogging. He was jogging baby steps on his tip toes at 2.7 mph (I snuck a peek....and continued to do so as he increased his speed throughout the workout). He's a little guy, not much taller than me and much thinner than I am. He kept upping the speed and upping it and before long, he was at 8 mph. Dude! I don't run that. Speedy Gonzalez that guy is! That wasn't his top speed even! He got close to 10 mph but only did so when he had his hands on the bar. Safety first! I felt really inspired by him and during my few intervals, we paced one another. Until he blew me out of the water, that is. lol I felt great at the end of the workout and he was still going. He came in when I was around my 10 minute mark so he was probably doing an hour too. I seriously could not keep up with him if I tried (but I didn't, because I'm not stupid).

T33, random program, levels 8, 9, 10
Stats: 422 cal, 3.49 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph @ .5 incline, 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph @ 1.5 incline, 7 @ 90 sec @ 5.3 mph @ 1.5 incline

I bumped my level every twenty minutes, so I had equal time at each one.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: