How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I think we've had and do still have difficulties defining and agreeing upon various identities because there are so many variations of each identity. It can become difficult when some "markers" in some individuals begin to overlap other with "markers" of another identity... confusing for those who only have a small box for each one. The brain works as smoothly as it does because it basically wants to simplify things in order to be able to store and retrieve great quantities of information quickly, easily and efficiently... that and then some peeps just see things the way they desire them to look and can get really closed minded with things they are passionate about. Too, often times we're still learning, and just haven't "gotten there" yet.

I don't think your internal make-up that we call identity is a choice, I think the words we use to describe it is. I choose to for the most part not to verbally "identify", but I could identify myself using queer gender oriented words, I just don't at this time in my life. For one I have a strong inkling to just fucking be... to just exist and enjoy without thinking about it, no rules, no others definitions chaffing my ass... and two because I don't care (perhaps linked to reason one haha).

To me it is extremely simple, I am unrepentant female masculinity on the inside, at the core, and am mostly a mix of masculine and feminine markers on the outside, maybe slightly more so one way or the other on cues of mood. BUT I always am who I am on the inside... and to me that is what makes you who you are, makes your truth in identity, not underwear, shoes, haircut, definition or a word- or others ridiculous stamp approval *choke* or disapproval of your choices or appearance. Freedom- is breaking free from what you think you should be and just being who you are... truth in self- is the inner reality of things and finding and living in that genuinely... everything else, all the fluff and hubbub is just noise.

Let people talk, no matter what you do they always will... just make sure you dance and enjoy the fuck out life and of yourself while they are huddled around doing it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: