Old 11-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #1956
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,774 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hope you don't mind me piggybacking off your post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
1. I have a fruit bowl for bananas only. I have a fruit bowl that currently only had Halos in it although sometimes there are apples in there too. Bananas hang on their tree to prevent bruising on one side.

2. I will only eat bananas when they are ripe and the peel is lightly speckled. I find this is when they taste the best. My employee says the same thing. I prefer 99% yellow with no green and very little brown. It's the texture that gets me. Too ripe and they are too soft, like baby food and I just can't eat them. I liked firm bananas.

3. I love pickles and have yet to try peanut butter (or nut butter) on a pickle. Apparently that's a thing. Apparently, it's not just for the pregnant anymore! Here's a recipe.

Honestly, as much as I love dill pickles, I've never tried this. **Update** I took a chip and a schmear and I tried it. It's not my favorite thing in the world, by far, but I didn't gag so there's that. It might be better in the recipe with the other things added.

People also say pickles and ice cream is good. I'm not eating ice cream now so someone else will have to confirm this one.

4. I soak oats before making oatmeal. Me too! Since I switched to steel cut oats, anyway. I like the chewy texture better than the more processed oats.

5. Sometimes as a snack I will eat cucumbers with tomatoes and avocado. I take a cucumber slice and build everything on top, squeeze lemon juice and add fresh/dried herbs and a little salt.
I've never eaten this but it sounds absolutely delicious.

I think I answered 4 sufficiently enough for the thread.

#5 I like to make a poor woman's version of a Caprese salad for a quick easy snack. I take mozz pearls and rip them up into bite size chunks to dot the tops of sliced fresh tomatoes (sometimes beefsteak and sometimes gourmet) and then drizzle it all in a balsamic vinaigrette. A quick turn of the sea salt grinder and I'm good to go.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: