Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #6175
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Sad, incredibly sad. I am weeping at my desk and trying to hide behind my monitors so no one will notice.

I made the mistake of looking at the pet shelter animals online. I miss my dog so much. I can't replace her, of course, but I can't help thinking it would be easier for me to get through this whole cancer episode if I had a dog. (Sorry, Diva Kitty, I love you but you're just not the same as a dog.)

So many of the animals look so sad. I can't save them all. So many of them are older pets - who could get rid of their older pet? Some people just don't deserve pets.

In a perfect world, every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog.

I guess in order to get a dog, I'm going to have to go through the strain and heartbreak of visiting the shelter. And what if I don't bond with one on the first try? I'll have to go back. And that will break my heart, every time.
But think, if you do go once or twice or ten times, all the babies you love on will experience that joy and if you find the one that helps heal your heart, that will make all the difference to that dog. If you feel you are ready to start that journey, go for it! You can't help them all but you can be the world of the one you can help.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: