View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #54
EmJay

How Do You Identify?:
femme

EmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST ReputationEmJay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
there is actually a very large queer, dyke and genderqueer community here but over the age of 35 its very difficult to break into. I just threw myself at the feet of a very sweet leatherdyke daddy who has a mutual friend of mine and said "HELP"
which was agonizing for me to do, as I'm damn independent. she said "aw. I know it took me ten years (she was 50 when she moved), I'll help ya." you need an introduction and balls of steel. vancouverites are friendly on the street and in the train bit the queers are kinda beyond apathetic if it goes further than their mates. too much pot.
at one event I tried very warmly and finally gave up amd went and flirted with the huge Jamaican bouncer dude in the end cause no one would have a conversation longer than 90 seconds with me or introduceme to anyone. I think they are a little inept. the drag queens are great though. when lost I just go sit with a drag queens.
they are here though, oodles. The East end of vancouver has heaps. if you are under 35 you won't have a problem.

I am under 35, but rarely connect with those that are. When circumstances change in my life I think I will definitely move out that way and become more of a city girl. There's not much diversity out here and Vancouver is always fun. And on the beach. Can't complain there I went to the pride parade out there 2 years ago and was so smitten with the butches, it was way more than anything I've ever experienced out here. But when the time is right I'm sure the right one will come along for us all!
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EmJay For This Useful Post: