View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I dropped having a land line about 6 years ago because my land line carrier was so horrible. I have since learned their affectionate nickname is "those rat bastards".

I had both for a couple of years. When I was going to move to a new state I got my first cell as a way of having a local number in my next state for job hunting purposes. When I moved here I kept it.

I have a love hate relationship with any phone. I pay for it so I consider it to be a tool for my use and convenience. If I have a reason to expect a call I leave it on and I can go about my day without waiting around for it. If I am not, I will turn it or the ringer off so I can be left alone. I don't tell anyone other than friends it is a cell so that the expectation that I will jump to answer it is reduced.

Texting is something I used very little until the last year. I have now used it quite a bit and had a chance to evaluate it for myself. To get a quick bit of information conveyed without getting sucked into a call that is unneeded it is fine. But if I am to talk to someone for anything more than that I much prefer an actual human voice. I treat it much like Kobi does and usually have longer conversations at home to minimize distractions.

I like having options. I usually use it as I would a land line, but have the versatility if I want it. I recently went to a smartphone just to keep up with tech and must say having a small computer and camera in my pocket has proven to be pretty handy.

Manners are still manners though, and I don't check it or use it around others. I still think that the "screen heads" are generally rude. I guess we will all have to get used to it to a degree especially in those growing up with it, but I do not have to behave that way myself.

Short answer: Cell only, no landline. LOL

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: