Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #3797
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool What's up with Alabama

Alabama has passed legislation to effectively ban abortion in that State. Apparently, the gov has yet to sign this law. With Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court and a majority "conservative" (Republican nominated) court, geez!!! So, Roe vs. Wade will come up again; I thought that was established/settled!!

My jaw drops as even rape or incest will not be an exception for this, only a mother's life.

I really feel for all women who find their right to decide what happens to their body infringed by the religious right in that part of America.

It just seems that certain parts of the U.S. (and in the world) are moving backwards in time. Am I imagining that?

I live in such a different world that I find so much of what is happening in the States hard to fathom.

(As an aside, a woman in our building who was suffering with terminal cancer made a decision to end that suffering, and in her apartment had a medical practitioner help her end that suffering with medically assisted suicide. I find so much of what is happening in the States so difficult to fathom and understand, considering how different we Canadians view medical situations - just saying!)

And now there is this "trade war" initiated by the Americans, which I also find quite disconcerting. I think the Chinese will win this war, and the Chinese will become the most powerful nation on this planet in this coming century. Unfortunately, due to our proximity to the States, this "trade war" will effect us here in Canada.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: