Old 05-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #456
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Obama wasn't all that qualified, either. Or Reagan.
Reagan was governor of California for 8 years so technically he did have experience. I still don't think he was qualified necessarily and he was a horrible president but he was governor for a long time.

We have had a lot of presidents who were governors and didn't really have any experience in Washington. Personally, I want someone who has worked in DC because that place will eat people alive, but there have been plenty who haven't.

Quite frankly, my top choice, Kamala Harris, is only on her first term as senator. Before that she was Attorney General of California. She does serve on important committees like the Intelligence and Judiciary committees. From my own point of view, her experience level is a little on the light side.

Obama - yes absolutely. When he first ran I was like who is this and why is he running. He doesn't have enough experience. I supported Hillary. When he beat her I did think it was all fair and wasn't upset but I was still highly skeptical. I started to really come around on Obama when he did the foreign policy debate with McCain. Everyone said going in he would be at such a disadvantage against the seasoned statesman, but I thought Obama was really good in that debate and I was really behind him ever since.

I don't think Obama did have enough experience going in but was a good president anyway based on intelligence and strength of character.

There's a lot of people who want someone who isn't an insider or politician or whatever to be president. I'm definitely not one of them. I want someone who knows how things work in DC for the slim chance that things can get done. I think the less you know the more at a disadvantage you are. But yes there are still other factors and Obama is a good example of that. I think he is also quite the exception to the rule.

I am still annoyed about Beto and Buttigieg running. It's like hey I was an intern at a company and now the CEO is retiring so I'm going to apply for the job.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: