Old 05-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #3801
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Huawei

Huawei is sold in Canada, and while its market share is very small here in Canada, all those who bought Huawei here will have a problem loading Google updates, or having access to Gmail, etc. in the future, as "Google has confirmed that it will cease allowing Huawei to use its version of Android, instead requiring the Chinese giant to rely on the Android Open Source Project if it wants to use the platform. ... Future Huawei phones will be without Google services."

All this just after Trump ordered Huawei to be put on its blacklist... I do not think this has anything to do with security issues but has more to do with American financial interests - the escalating trade war between USA and China.

I have no idea what will happen with Apple phones, since Apple phones are made in China!

I own a Samsung.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: