View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:23 PM   #15
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
"No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may participate in the assembly of the LORD." Deu 23:1
In fairness in other passages, one in the book of Isaiah I believe, it does say eunuchs have a place in the kingdom of God but all in all the Bible does give us a really raw and uncensored look into how very politically incorrect by today’s modern standards things were back them. I think the way the translation of the Bible I grew up on stated it, was something like – No man who hath his privy member cut off… The following translations of Galatians 5:12 show how the eunuch state was used as a curse against one’s enemies back in Bible times-

Holman Bible
I wish those who are disturbing you might also get themselves castrated!

International Standard Version
I wish that those who are upsetting you would castrate themselves!

A Conservative Version
O that those who trouble you would even cut it all off.

Common New Testament
I wish that those who are troubling you would mutilate themselves!

Goodspeed New Testament
I wish the people who are upsetting you would go on, and have themselves emasculated!

Moffatt New Testament
O that those who are upsetting you would get themselves castrated!

NET Bible
I wish those agitators would go so far as to castrate themselves!

Twentieth Century New Testament
I could even wish that the people who are unsettling you would go further still and mutilate themselves.

Weymouth New Testament
Would to God that those who are unsettling your faith would even mutilate themselves.

I once read two very good books, one about eunuchs and one about the Castrati and wow, how terrible it must have been to live back then – here son your mother and I are poor so we need to either pimp you out indefinitely ourselves or sell you on the man boy love market, either that or or ready you up for the Catholics to use as their forever sounding 12 years young mezzo-soprano songstress.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: