Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
"Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee," -- King David (Psalms 119: verse 11?).
Just in case it's not clearly understood by most readers:

I always thought this verse was the most surprising verse ever penned by King David. This biblical character was renowned for having concubines of women. He had a roving eye. He was married a multitude of many times. He even had Bathesheba's husband murdered after he was finished fooling around with her, so he could cover up his "sin".

My post was not to mock the depravity of this largely hailed biblical "hero."

My post was about finding this verse more along the lines of how predatory type personalities will say they do things out of loyalty to an supernatural spiritual being, then do exactly the opposite of what they want people to believe about them.

I dunno....it's just a verse I find sitting quietly, in clear view to the reader, which is nearly always surprising to me.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: