Old 06-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #3690
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
I understand that you have accepted as "truth" what the APA has tried to explain (which like most analyses change over time).

Personally, I don't accept that as truth - especially from the very people who do the analysis as they themselves tend to suffer from duality by nature, hence always analyzing... and do remember I said "supposedly" mild bipolar...

Everyone I have ever had the opportunity of exchanging with where I live (who has admitted to suffering from the "blues" during the rainy season) has exhibited - bar none - traits of pettiness, meanness of spirit, and selfishness, not to mention the overriding all-too-present characteristic of lying (especially to themselves), among many other toxic behaviours.

I have observed also that a mind that is conditioned to accept what others say is the truth will always have trouble looking at facts, and seeing for themselves whether what they see is true or false. Hence, such a mind is caught in a web of having opinions. The deeper the conditioning, the more that such a mind has a tendency to accept theory as truth - and doing so without question. The facts are that tomorrow someone will come along with a different newer theory, and the old so-called truth will be scrapped. This happens all the time. All exact sciences understand this. Psychology, from what I understand, has never been regarded as an exact science - the DSM is constantly being revised. So, what I am saying is that a conditioned opinionated mind cannot look at a fact except through its idea about such a fact - in other words, its opinion about such a fact. Therefore, the moment that anyone states and offers an opinion, such as, "This is right, or correct", and "This is wrong, or incorrect, or inaccurate", such a mind is condemning; and, in that process, demonstrating a lack self-awareness.
Well, alrighty then.

I'll leave this be to let others get back to the thread topic momentarily but before I go, please understand the difference between us.

You have 'observed' and 'exchanged with' people who may or may not have suffered from S.A.D. or "the blues" as you call it, but I have dealt with it directly. I understand that we have very differing opinions and that's great. That's what this country is based on but to call it "the blues" can be trivializing. I say this as someone who has first hand experience with it so this is, indeed, my truth---no quotes. Truth.

Also, I've never known--either in myself or others--lying to be a symptom of S.A.D. Irritability, lack of motivation, mood swings, sure. The rest? Not so much. That is more directly a result of the person's personality. S.A.D. exaggerates feelings so if someone is an ass, then they will be a bigger ass when they are struggling with it. Perhaps someone could use the diagnosis as an excuse to be purposefully hateful but, again, that has nothing to do with the actual condition and everything to do with the person being a jackass.

If you are open to it, I'd like to discuss the underlined portion as it seems like you are applying it to me given my post but could be said about you as well in this situation. Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss this more!

To come full circle in our discussion, an autopsy "confirmed the news that fashion icon Kate Spade committed suicide by hanging inside her Park Ave. apartment", the city Medical Examiner announced Thursday. This is still very sad and should initiate some in depth conversations with family and friends.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: