View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #93
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,100 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

God I hate my new phone !

The experience I mention above stemmed from someone's perceptions of my physical appearance, using this to base their own definition of my Identity and making comments that left me feeling "less femme" in their eyes ...I won't lie, I got pissed...especially since they are a member of the LGBTQ community (however not of this site)... we had a long chat about their perceptions and misguided attempt to TELL me I appear "too butchy" because of my "tomboy tendencies"...

Since I joined the online community in 2006...I have come to embrace that I do not fit into certain peoples' definitions of Femme ... and I refuse to allow anyone to make me feel less than simply because of my appearance or notions that Femmes are not 'supposed to" be mechanically inclined ...etc.
I got fired up because I never expected someone that identifies such as this individual TELLING ME that I'm not Femme ...
I want to learn from this fire I feel and come to understand how to better address the issue if it ever comes up....It took me many years journey to embrace my way of Femme ...

thx
sighed,
Damn Happy to be an incredibly sexy, empowered Alpha Femme
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: