Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I WRITE LIKE...

Apparently, this site has gone viral and it determines, based on a passage of your own prose, which famous writer you most write like--thought it might be fun to pass on!

From their website:

Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.

Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).

On my first try (just a small paragraph), I got Raymond Chandler but I am going to try again with a longer piece.
Interesting....

I write like Cory Doctorow, who is someone I know nothing about. Oh, and Stephen King.

I put a part of one of my short stories in for the first one and my poetry for the second.

This is the piece that apparently reads like Stephen King to them:

crimson streaks
paint the sheets
smudges in garnet
decorate the bed
red-rimmed eyes
gaze without sight
burgundy wine
spilled in the fight
one ruby shoe
alone on the stoop
colors of rage
taint this day
control takes the stage
and there's nothing more to say

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 07-19-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: