Old 08-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #41
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firie View Post
What is it? Didn't Michael Moore point this out? And Canadians tend to have just as many guns or buy as many or some such?

I was raised very Texan gun toting, and so I have mixed feelings here. I grew up around arsenals really. I learned severity and respect and also how to shoot--and not just 1 but several types of guns. My mom always carried a concealed handgun, and my parents had a few in the house. We learned gun safety, we knew not to mess with them. I don't know if it's in my blood per se (goodness) but I'm really Texan when it comes to guns, and concealed weapon permits, but don't carry. When I lived in Kansas City guns had to be visible, and this felt more threatening for some reason. I don't know. I have a hard time here. There is something in my genetic code, I swear, because as liberal and peaceful as I claim to be, I totally get all NRA about guns.

I can pretty much say "ditto" to this because I think everything you said applies to me. Firearms were commonplace when I was growing up and like most things that I grew up around, having them in the house or truck was just "normal". Everyone I knew owned guns. Everyone I knew hunted. My grandfather made gun stocks and taught me how to use, store and clean them. In many ways, they were just tools. No different than fishing tackle or hand tools. Maybe it is just a Texas thing.

While I don't currently own a firearm or have any desire to carry a concealed weapon, I've never felt uncomfortable around someone that was legally armed.

I do have to say that the whole thing about the CCW permit allowing people to bypass the security line in the capital building is about the funniest thing I've heard of in years.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: