imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

peole break up in public in order to avoid "a scene" which is extremely manipulative. and it's been done to me. So in those two cases I made a pretty big one, to be a corresponding asshole to theirs.

I've been dumped by text, phone, email, letter, three second conversation in a hallway.
people in high school used to write notes and have their friends deliver it to the person saying "you are so dumped"

luckily i only had casual sex in high school so if after a few weeks we werent screwing around anymore, we just avoided each other, quietly, like adults LOL.

then pretended it never happened

I dunno it worked cause I'm still friends with most of them in my home town lolol

break ups with men have been pretty simple. and frankly, pretty easy. It gets sorted quickly, unless they turn into stalkers.

I don't need a big long explanation if we have only been dating and screwing around. I don't need it to be in person. a text is fine.

if it's a relationship? better be in person. I've been dumped by IM even, after six months of seeing someone. class. It's because people want to avoid conflct, anger, a scene or "dealing with upset".

I've broke things off with people under six months and quite casual. I usually do it within a month or two. it's usually by phone and sometimes email as I dont mind phone/email breaks when its casual. I find it a pain the arse to get dragged out and dumped when it's casual and could easily be done by phone/email.

But I've never broken with anyone serious, save one. And half of them have done it by email. some by phone. the rare few in person. Even my exwife told me about her sleeping with someone else over the phone.

I dont have any expectations for people doing what *I* think is respectful anymore. It's obviously not a common thought. Or people say they think similarly and act differently once they are stressed and scared. Best intentions of people who do not know themselves or their limits or too frightened to admit it.

best laid plans and all...

But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

- "to a mouse" Robbie Burns
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: