The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Why can't common sense and good will be more, well, common?

Seriously. Why are we only polite for a day or two out of the whole year? Why can't we have that kind of generosity and kindness year round (sans the consumerism)? This popped into my head as I was doing research for a course I'm teaching next week. I'm listening to holiday music with the window open (it's fairly mild here in NYC) and cranking the music louder and louder to drown out the cars honking on our little narrow street trying to move forward. And it just struck me as one of those little Why? questions.

I kinda wish I had huge speakers I could aim towards the street in hopes that perhaps people might realize that patience, politeness and good cheer can go a long way to making the day better than honking unnecessarily (seriously if you haven't moved in the last 5 min of honking you've done, it's probably time to change tactics).

Sigh.

Good will and happiness to all, all year long and beyond.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: