Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
So, I had to get the oil changed on my car today... had my coupon in my pocket and was ready to go. I go to pull out said coupon to give them a call before I left work - and behold - I lost my damn coupon. So ... I jumped online, found their site and printed two new ones ... thinking Mare needs to get Her truck done too.

I walk into the place and it's just me, and two other men. The older gentleman sat next to the younger one and stirred up a conversation. Turns out the old fella had a bunch of different coupons and gave the guy one for his tire change.

Old fella sits next to me and asks "so ... what are you in for?" After a slight chuckle I reply - "oil change". He says "oh, that's what I am getting done, sorry I only have one coupon for that...." I had my own, it was all good.

I reach in my pocket and hand him my $10 off coupon to replace his $7 off one. Hey, three bucks is three bucks. He was kind enough to share what he had - and you don't see that kind of kindness too often anymore. And ... maybe he can hand his $7 off coupon to someone that doesn't have one.

Reminded me that good will is not long gone, it merely gets lost in the shuffle. It takes the action of one to create a snowball effect.
This made me happy and I didn't even GET a coupon, whether $7 off or $10!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: