pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

I go to school 2600 miles from my queer family, friends and my girlfriend... (i.e. everyone I love)

Firstly - I rack up a lot of frequent flyer miles. I have the airline branded credit card and I use it for everything. I'm fly back and forth from Hawaii to California monthly and it's harder on me than anyone else.

Between visits we (friends, family and girlfriend) send silly cards, Skype, text, call and stay busy. We all make a pretty big effort not to dwell on the "missing part" - it makes time go slower and everything harder.

I've had people ask why I don't move back if I miss everyone so much. Answer: the relationships will last over the distance or they won't. Given a moderate amount of thoughtfulness and a significant amount of confidence long distance is less difficult than extensive dental work with greater reward and probably equal cash outlay.

Your mileage may vary - mine is about to hit "upgrade" on each flight!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post: