How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Trouble with my insurance company. About once a year, they either call me or send me some forms to fill out about my disability. They called, and I thought the interview went well. Now they're sending forms to my doctors, which is typical. But I got a call from my osteo knee doctor's assistant, who said, "We don't do long term disability. We only do short term."

What do you mean, you don't "do" long term disability? The doctor told me it's going to take about two years to fix my knees. That's long term. The good thing is, my knees aren't what my long term disability claim is based on. That's a different illness. But I don't want the knee thing to mess things up with my insurance company. I know that they will use any little thing they can to try to send me back to work. And I cannot do it. Not just because of my knees and my main problem, but other problems too.

I may end up having to find a knee doctor that "does" long term disability. I'm sure I would qualify. I'm hoping it doesn't really matter because, as I said, I have a different problem that my disability is based on. But this is what's on my mind - it's always worrisome to me when the insurance company wants anything.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: