Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default asparagus

YB, yes I've not read the studies, but did view a youtube video where people with diabetes were put on live foods, and their diabetes was completely cleared in 30 days.
This doesn't surprise me because diabetes is a diet and lifestyle dis-ease, there is a diabetes that is genetic (I hesitate to say this now because I haven't researched this one), but the medical folks are saying so (which is why I definitely want to research it)...as is heart dis-ease, and other chronic dis-eases.
Anyway, they couldn't believe how easy it was, though they did go through all the detox cravings, they got to the other side of it. It was interesting to watch the addictive nature of the foods the majority of us eat, and how they went through withdrawal. I can certainly identify, but it doesn't last long.

The walking/moving is essential...it helps the body move the toxins out of the system.

By the way YB, celery is incredibly healing for the kidneys, so important in recovering from excess dead food.

You know YB, I appreciate your sharing information with us. I certainly have found it exceedingly helpful, and supportive, so keep it coming my friend. I do not think your proselytizing at all, info sharing for those of us who seek healing is what you do, that's how I receive it.

I also enjoy sharing my experience because no, I'm not wanting to change anyone, its simply not possible anyway, but I want for others who may want to change their lifestyle/eating/exercise to know that others are out here doing the same thing.

For me there are no judgments, I know how uninformed I was so to each their own life way.

YB, the not looking like 53 years old thing is a side benefit for those who care about these things...I'm 59 now and well, this is what 59 looks like when you treat your body, mind, and spirit well. And you are what 53 looks like when healthy in body, mind and spirit.

And by the way, there is no arrogance in feeling, and looking well.

Blessings to you YB, and Veggie Lovers, Greco

ps so how do you cook asparagus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Hi Greco

It's always *refreshing* to read your well thought out posts.

Where I tend to be *hey, take it or leave it*

Have you seen any of the new studies they are doing for diabetics? They are putting them on the green smoothie diet (and only asking them to walk 10,000 steps a day)
and the results have been consistant, that within 30 days,
they have gone into *remission*

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying......I constantly hear *You don't look 53* and then I look around at 53 and think to myself, (right, I don't) While I admit, I am not perfect with
eating, every once in a while I eat something I dubb poison. Ice cream at the Pirate game flashes in front of me, and I paid for that. I couldn't sleep the whole night.

It's been miserably humid here. That ranks with wind chills as my two weather conditions I dislike the most. But hey, life goes on. I put extra celery in my smoothies and green tea drinks yesterday (celery is a natrural diuretic) and it's true, I've been eliminating fluid like crazy, from my body today. Maybe today I won't become mid day dizzy from the humid conditions and can enjoy baseball. Simply put, we are what we eat.

Eat garbage, feel like garbage. Eat live foods, feel alive.

Thanks Grego, glad I met you. I'm even more glad that you gave this a try and a chance to feel the changes. Then you were willing to talk about it.

You know, sometimes I feel like I'm in here doing that preaching thing......(it's just how I feel) if I'm not here telling you all the importance of good food, i'm someplace else telling people how great exercise is........

if you take care of your body, it'll thank you for it. Have a great Sunday. I'm having asparagas today. I'm hoping SOMEONE is envious of that. truth is, i'd love 4 to 6 giant cookies, but then i'd feel like shit half an hour after that, so its not worth it.....ya know?

YB

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: