View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #278
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I drag out the oringinal george foreman, mine is white. I think the originals all were.

I spray the bottom slots with extra virgin olive oil (a good fat for your heart) Oh, plug in george.

then i lay one asparagas spear per slot, top of spear to top of grill. I don't care if the bottom parts cook, i'll be cutting them off. I grind fresh ground pepper over them...then I close the lid. I cook until el-dante. You'll know this when they turn bright green. I slide them off, onto a dish to cool.

repeat if you want to cook them all up, thats what I do. Then i can eat them cold, they are good cold, or i can put them into green smoothies.
(To butt in...)
Yeah, would say that's the best way to cook asparagus, grilling them. A good tip is to shave some really nice parmesano reggiano over the asparagus, and with some freshly ground black pepper and some drops of lemon olive oil it will taste divine.

Cane (former chef)

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cane For This Useful Post: