Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library_girl View Post
Hello singles,
I'm starting this thread just to see what everyone thinks about online dating vs. real-world dating. Any and all comments are welcome!

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)
*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)
*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?
*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

THANKS![/B]
*Yes, I would date someone I met online. I am not 25 and don't go out to clubs anymore. One must be careful of course-I am not talking about Craig's List! A lesbian dating site or the planet, yes I would. I think you can gain a sense of a person from how they how they put their thoughts, values and beliefs together in writing. I read posts and often think: "Great brains, love the writing, would like to know her better". Even when we try to put our best foot forward online, our real selves do shine through the words we put down.

*LDR is very hard for me. On one hand, the ability to put thoughts to paper (computer actually) fosters communication but it is still difficult to try to establish a true, trusting relationship long distance. I am talking thousands of miles, not just a few. It is a challenge to really, truly, with a whole heart; connect emotionally with someone that you can't even touch, hold or make love with. Yes, I have tried it. Additionally, the two people have to be in the same place emotionally. I am slow to love. My heart is a little crispy. I am shy and kind of an introvert. I don't just jump into anything quickly. It is difficult for me to communicate on a deeper level in a LDR. Hundreds of miles distance
would be easier for me, than thousands. I know people do it every day and I never say never.

*Blind date? Maybe. If it were a friend with very good judgment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. A few hours of my time could wind up giving menthe greatest gift of all- love.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: