View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

I have dated people from all different places online, many times.

I've been set up on a couple blind dates, but I don't really care for it.

I'm not sure if I'd go out with someone who's dated another person I know. The circumstances haven't occurred yet. I think it would depend on the situation and the people involved.

Which is better... well, I really prefer meeting people in person, but that happens very rarely. I'm painfully shy (though I've been working on it) and just a little bit old fashioned (I prefer the masculine/butch half of the equation makes the first move) so I tend to meet people online more often.

I'm afraid online dating is a bit challenging at times. I'm trusting and that allows me to be easily fooled, if the pursuant is of that ilk. I'm learning to be a little more careful and that it's not 'demanding' of me to want to talk to someone on the phone or see a recent picture of them. I don't like to be pushy or aggressive, but I do need to be a little more realistic and make requests, at the very least, when I'm getting to know someone.

That being said, the internet has been a really useful tool to meet people. I've made lots of friends, even a couple that I see prett y regularly. And you never really know where you will find love if you're open to the possibilities!
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post: