Old 08-29-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

catlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Another cultural conflict between us which could come up later is that she's Catholic and I'm a Pagan/Wiccan. So far, so good. But I think if I ever meet her family my spiritual practice will become a problem.
I am also a Pagan, but my SO is very accepting of my beliefs. She used to be a Christian but now identifies as agnostic. Her family, however, especially her mother is a hardcore Christian. She constantly asks my SO if I am "saved" and wants her to convert me into a Christian. I was raised in a Buddhist polytheistic family, so Paganism is a natural path for me. We have to lie to her family that I am a Buddhist to avoid conflict... her mother would definitely flip if she found out I am Pagan. Even despite my SO lies that I am Buddhist using the excuse that it was the religion I was raised with, her mother still thinks I can convert which I find offensive.