How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I saw "Pirates" last week-end. I had no particular feelings about her before I went, but thought Ms. Cruz was sexy as hell in this movie. Woman dressed masculine-ly swinging a sword and kicking ass? Oh yeah, I like it.
I thought it was the best of the series, pretty much for the same reason you found it lacking, Jake. The movie focused on the story rather than the special effects - the story is what I am all about.

Saw "Xmen First Class" last night. Loved it. Found the relationships believable., enjoyed the story, thought the scene of the young mutants fooling around showing off their skills to be both believeable and funny. Teenage humans can pretty much wreck a room showing off as well, LOL, Dang, I wish I could "smoke" my way from one place to another like the devil looking guy could. I did think it would have been an interesting twist if he had been one of the good guys rather than the rebels. Just a little too trite that the guy who looked like the devil would be a bad guy.

Further waxing philosophical, I found lots of points of comparison between the struggle of the mutants and the struggle we face as queer folk, especially the conflict between the mutants who could "hide" and those who were too blatantly who they were to be able to hide anything. Probably members of other minority groups could draw a similar parallel.
All in all a good film.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: