Old 10-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #28
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say when I saw this video my first reaction was, if someone did that to my kid, they would be arresting me, cuz I'd be on him like a duck on a june bug. I'd deal with her at home. Some of my family who are SC educators and administrators and some in law enforcement didn't agree with me.

First of all I would have been mortified not to comply with what the teacher said to begin with. Secondly I heard she threw a punch at him (felony). Third, she hadn't actually done anything to be thrown around the room and I felt the officer was way out of line and excessive in his choice of how he responded to the situation and allowing it to escalate clearly on his part.

This evening I saw on the news that he has been fired which I agree with. However there are still charges against the girl. I haven't heard what they are, I'm betting they will be dropped, due to the circumstances.

The Sheriff said on the news that the officers actions were not consistent with his training. That he had several other options. He said his decision was made by asking himself is this the kind of person I want wearing our badge. The answer was no.

I stand with Jackhammer, pick the desk up and carry her to the hallway. No confrontation.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: