View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:37 AM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I have been throughly enjoying this new series on Starz.

I mistakenly said it was on Showtime previously (thanks Chained Daisy for reminding me!).

Season 2 stars airing May 26th............

Home is where heart is, but sometimes it’s also where your forced to go back to. In the case of sisters Emma (Mishel Prada) and Lyn (Melissa Barrera) on the new Starz series Vida, that place is Eastside of Los Angeles. It’s in this setting that the two estranged sisters find themselves back in after the tragic death of their mom and, like all good television, the tragedy opens up a whole new set of problems, while also giving us some much-needed representation for queer Latin women.

As Starz describes it” “Vida is a half-hour drama series focusing on two Mexican-American sisters from the Eastside of Los Angeles who couldn’t be more different or distanced from each other.” When they’re forced to return home, “they are confronted by the past and surprising truth about their mother’s identity.”
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote