View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #83
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
My biggest issue with eating vegetarian/vegan is I overeat carbs..... I’m obese to begin with so I don’t need to be pigging out on pasta, rice, etc. I’m trying to get myself psyched up to work a low carb version of a vegetarian plan.
That happens a lot for folks starting a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. I don't eat bread, pasta, rice, or white potatoes. I will have a small amount of sweet potatoes maybe once a month. I substitute rice with cauliflower rice, pasta with spaghetti squash, and bread with lettuce leaves. The one thing that is hard for me is having something to bite/crunch into. I keep my nut consumption pretty low due to calorie amount. (I eat two tablespoons of unsalted walnuts a day). I also have developed a complete dislike for portobello mushrooms so no "burger" substitutes for me. And, I have cut all soy products and meat substitutes due to high sodium and calorie content. If you keep a majority of your ingredients "whole foods" you will do well. Just take small steps. And watch portion size. Even though it is healthy food, too many calories is too many calories and will cause weight gain. A little change at a time won't make it feel so drastic or make you feel deprived. Good luck!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: