View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #10264
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

My trashiest neighbors moved out today. When I fed Obi his dinner, at about 5pm, they were still loading stuff into their U-haul, and banging around. For the last 6 hours, there has been tons of banging going on next door. I thought it was the people moving furniture, and all the piles of crap they keep in their living room (this is visible to the neighborhood from their sliding glass door without a curtain).

I was wrong. I just let Obi out for a pre-bedtime tinkle, it is about 11pm, and I saw 4 vehicles out front, and about 6 people in the home next door. All of the carpet and tiles have been ripped up and are in the carport, there are people painting, scrubbing, and carrying construction supplies in and out. I can't believe how quickly they had ripped up all of the flooring! Wow!

While I applaud them, am excited about having a nice family as new neighbors, and understand their eagerness (the home will be nice, once it is gutted, cleaned, painted...etc), I sure hope they stop the banging, and realize that most of us have to work on Monday morning.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: