View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have identified as Stone since the term was introduced to me by my “Butch Mentor” back in the late seventies. At that time and well into the eighties the lesbian community (which I was never comfortable in but there was no alternative then) was not at all embracing of the term, much less the boundaries. I had a series of three short relationships, all ending in violation for me during my twenties and walked away from the idea of having a partner for the next 15 years.

I then met someone who understood and had a much broader view which I attribute to her, and subsequently my, involvement in the BDSM community. We were together for five years and the relationship worked well for me. As it turned out over time, she did feel the need to be in a reciprocal relationship and fully respecting my wishes, she decided to move on. I knew then I was unlikely to ever find anything truly long term. After that I dated a little and had a brief encounter with a person who seemed to think that boundaries were some kind of test, so I moved on.

I have been single for quite a few years and respect the lifestyles of others and understand that though one might believe they can be with an absolute stone for the long haul, I have never witnessed it. I have heard of stones that have been “melted” and am sure there are many definitions of what that means and believe everyone has the right and ability to set their own boundaries. It is incumbent upon that person to make sure that they are understood. My personal Stone boundaries are deeply rooted in gender issues so I know that will not be the case for me.

“Trust” and “Relationship” are words that no longer have a place in my vocabulary.

I am at an age and place in life where I am very comfortable with myself other than addressing some of my gender issues in a more concrete way (This will happen in 2018). I have no desire to pursue anything more than friendships which I will always welcome. Concerns over physical boundaries are just a non-issue now and I am very happy with that.

I think at this point in life I would really enjoy a .

Last edited by Kelt; 04-19-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Speeling
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: